Wednesday 1 November 2017

Not Quite a Lady B Post.

I saw the esteemed lady’s older sister in the town today. She intrigues me, you know; she does.

The thing is, you see, I’ve talked to the esteemed lady on many occasions. I’ve talked to her mother quite a few times. I’ve even talked to her mother’s partner (or ex-partner, whichever it is.) But I’ve never talked to the lady’s sister, and that’s intriguing.

Whenever I see her I want to stop her and ask: ‘Excuse me, why are you such a mystery?’ But the problem is that she’s always walking in the opposite direction and always breezes past with a quiet ‘Hi, Jeff.’ And that’s that for another non-encounter.

Needless to say I don't arrest her progress and enquire after her mysterious status because I fear it might discomfit the poor woman. And… well… you know me.

No comments: